How To Accessorize A Kitchen Counter
How To Accessorize A Kitchen Counter
How to accessorize your kitchen counter with items you already have in your house and some new pieces you can add yourself. Plus, what items are best to start with? To finish it off, get inspired by some great examples of kitchens that have used counter decor to its full potential! If you want to know how to accessorize a kitchen counter, look no further than this guide!
How To Prepare Your Counter
- Wipe down your counters with a damp cloth and soapy water. This will remove any dirt, grease, or food particles that may be on the surface.
- Once the counters are clean, dry them off with a towel.
- If you have any old countertop appliances or decorations, get rid of them. You want to start with a clean slate.
- Decide what kind of style you want for your counters. Do you want them to be modern? Rustic? Minimalist? Eclectic?
- Once you have decided on a style, start shopping for new countertop accessories and decorations that fit that aesthetic.
- When you have all of your new goodies, begin styling your counters!
How To Choose Accessories
When it comes to decorating your kitchen counters, the sky is the limit. But with so many options available, it can be tough to decide what to put on display. Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect accessories for your kitchen counters.
The first step in styling your kitchen counters is figuring out what type of style you want to go for. Do you want an industrial vibe? Mid-century modern?
Whichever one you go for, it’s important that all of the elements in the space work together and compliment each other. If your style preference leans more towards rustic or vintage, then keep this in mind when selecting accents.
The same goes if more modern or contemporary feels like the right fit for your home; everything should work together and have a cohesive look about it! Once you know what style feels best to you, start looking at individual pieces that will contribute to that feel without going overboard and ruining its natural aesthetic.
Kitchen Backsplash Ideas
It might be difficult to accessorize a kitchen counter if you don’t know what to look for. The best method to style kitchen countertops is with kitchen backsplash designs.
The kitchen backsplash is one of the most important elements of a kitchen, as it is the first thing that people see when they walk into your home. It is also the first thing that they touch when they put their hands on your countertops.
Kitchen backsplashes come in many different styles and materials. Some of the most popular choices include tile, glass, metal, and wood. In addition to being functional and decorative, a backsplash can also be used as a way to express your creative side.
When choosing a backsplash, there are many factors to consider:
- Color – You want this feature to be eye-catching but not overpowering so choose wisely!
- Material – You’ll want something durable enough for everyday use but also easy to clean if it gets dirty or stained.
- Texture – Smooth or textured? This is all about personal preference but texture can help hide imperfections in wall surfaces if you have any rough spots or bumps that need covering up.
There are a couple of common backsplash ideas that can literally add an aesthetically appealing splash to your kitchen.
- Glass Tile Backsplashes: Glass tile is an excellent choice for those who want something modern yet traditional at the same time. Glass tiles come in an endless variety of colors and patterns, so you can pick one that matches your style perfectly!
- Natural Stone Backsplashes: Natural stone tiles are another great option for those who want something more traditional or rustic in their kitchen backsplash design. Natural stone tiles come in many different shapes and sizes and can be installed with grout or without grout (if laid flush against walls).
- Wooden Backsplashes: This type of backsplash is made from wood planks that are nailed together in an overlapping pattern. They are very easy to install as long as you have some basic carpentry skills. They are also durable and easy to maintain as they can be kept clean with just a damp cloth or sponge if they get dirty over time or if there are any spills on them in your kitchen (you may need something stronger like bleach if there is food splattered on them).
Add Some Greenery
One of the easiest ways to add some kitchen countertop styling is by adding some greenery. This can be in the form of plants, flowers, or even herbs. Not only will this add some color and life to your space, but it can also make your kitchen smell great. Plus, if you choose edible plants, you’ll always have something fresh to cook with. Some of our favorite kitchen countertop plants are
Grab Some Colorful Linens
Kitchen countertop decoration can also be done with some colorful linens! Adding a pop of color is an easy way to inject some personality into your space. Plus, it’ll make your kitchen feel more inviting and homey.
A bright kitchen doesn’t need any help being welcoming or charming. So take a cue from the cozy bistros in Paris, where you can often find multi-colored tablecloths on the counters. Kitchen counters styled with fabric or colored towels are at once modern and pretty! And what’s not to love about those juicy-looking tomatoes nestled between the pillows?
If you’re working with limited square footage, look for smaller pieces that still have a big impact. Like this simple but beautiful wicker basket filled with green apples – so stylish it could easily double as decor for the living room (it just needs some glamour shot photography)!
Counter Decor Ideas
Everyone has a different kitchen counter decor idea that they find attractive, and here are a few of some common ideas:
Mirrors can add light and dimension to any room, but especially in small kitchens where they help make the space seem bigger than it really is. You can hang them above cabinets or along walls and add more light by placing lamps behind them.
Create extra counter space with a floating shelf above your sink; it’s perfect for displaying plants or placing cookbooks within reach while cooking.
Frame your favorite photos from recent family vacations and hang them on the wall above the kitchen bar.
Kitchen countertop design and decoration can be a fun and exciting experience that will have your kitchen looking more inviting and comforting than ever before.